Friday, January 1, 2010

To the Genuanz

Last, yeah last New Year’s eve… (meaning last night for dummies) I was on Delhi’s New yeared roads looking for my little piece of madness. I was going to Kabullarassa…hope its spelt like that….actually, even if I knew the right spelling I’d spell it wrong jus for the kicks… fuck that…so when I was about a k from me destination I felt the most lost with all the metro construction and stuff….
So I pulled up to ask a young brother walking on the side if he knew where this joint was…he gave me precise directions politely (ain dat surprising for Delhi) and then requested if he could hop on cuz he was goin to the hospital just short of where I was going to let my limbs explode. I was like “sure come on in”…. For a 3 mins, 800m ride, he showed me overwhelming gratitude when he told me he works night shifts at café coffee day in the hospital and I can drop by netime…he said “aana zaroor bhaiya” . I have very solid hitch hiking xperience and can safely say that for such short rides most hikers would go like a quick thank you, if at all and gone….This kid was polite looked hardworking and after a little discussion with me mum, we reckon he wasn’t from Delhi.
A small towner trying to make ends meet in the big city…
Wherever he was from, he sure gave me a very pleasant feel to kick start what was to be a super New Year Dilli party…. I don’t know the young brother’s (I like saying that) name, but peace be to him, his family n all genuanz…

4 comments:

Priyank said...

hmm..A Thought provoking incident to kick off ur New year's Eve brother.. I am sure about one thing though. If u roam around late at night in Delhi asking for directions to random Indian people, you would be a part of many surprising incidents!
Happy New year!
Be safe and La Pas!

V said...

Nice one... i wasn't expctin such a short & simple pleasant writing work frm u.. kp it simple and i'l visit dis page frequently

Have a gud yr! Tk cr

Kuber said...

@Priyank: i'm all for surprising incidents of this kind mate..New years and all of that to you too...
@V: Thanks..who may I know's expectations am i exceeding????

Anonymous said...

I am amused by the incident...

and the blog was refreshing :)